The Equinox Systematica Macro Fund is a mutual fund investment that accesses a program which employs systematic core macro trading signals across global asset classes, enhanced with innovative strategies that seek to exploit specific market and sector opportunities
Prospectus Objective: The Equinox Systematica Macro Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation.
- Access wide array of markets with the ability to generate returns.
- Fund provides exposure to the Systematica Investments Limited Commodity Trading Advisor (“CTA”) program.
- Trades more than 150 markets globally across a number of key asset classes, including:
- Equity indices
- Fixed Income (bonds and short-term interest rates)
- Commodities (energy, metal and agricultural products)
- Seeks to provide broad diversification across global markets and sectors
- Uses proprietary signals that seek to identify trends or future market movements
- Multiple signals operate in each market, seeking to capture expected market movements over various time frames
- Seeks dynamic allocation of risk depending on opportunity set
- Vast majority of trades are executed electronically
- Program seeks to deliver returns with low correlations to traditional asset classes
Futures Trading Style†
Trend-Following: A strategy that seeks to profit from buying when models indicate that prices are trending up, and by selling when prices are indicated to be trending down. In general, pure trend-following models focus almost exclusively on the current price relative to some specified measure of historical prices, such as a moving average.
For more information on futures trading styles, see the following links:
- Insights: CTA Trading Styles
- Insights: PCA - A Tool for Analyzing and Describing CTA Programs
†Please refer to the glossary for futures trading style descriptions.
The Fund seeks to offer potential diversification benefits through wide-ranging return sources:
- Strategy trades more than 150 markets across a number of key asset classes around the globe, including commodities, currencies, fixed income and equity indices
- Seeks to provide returns that have relatively low correlations with traditional asset classes
Futures diversification by sector — as of Aug 31, 2017
Performance attribution by sector — as of Aug 31, 2017
Sector attribution numbers have been rounded for ease of use. Performance includes fixed income and is net of fees. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Fund exposure by futures strategy — as of Aug 31, 2017
|As of Oct 18, 2017||As of Sep 30, 2017|
|Fund Name||1 month||ytd||quarter||1 year||3 years 1||5 years 1||since
Equinox Systematica Macro FundClass I (inception: Jun 18, 2014)
1Annualized, unless the Fund has less than a year of performance where the numbers shown are cumulative total return.
SEE PERFORMANCE AND EXPENSE DISCLOSURES BELOW.
Performance and risk versus benchmarks — as of Sep 30, 2017
|Fund/index||1 month||ytd||2014||2015||2016||Cumulative Return†||Annualized ROR†||Maximum Drawdown†||standard deviation†||Correlation
Equinox Systematica Macro FundClass I
Long Only Commodities 1
Managed Futures 3
Fixed Income 4
1 S&P500 GSCI® Index
2 S&P 500® Total Return Index
3 Barclay BTOP50 Index®. The index does not encompass the whole universe of CTAs. The CTAs that comprise the index have submitted their information voluntarily. Investors cannot directly invest in an index and unmanaged index returns do not reflect any fees, expenses or sales charges.
4Barclays Capital Aggregate Bond Index®
†ROR is Rate of Return. Standard Deviation is annualized. See glossary for definitions of drawdown, standard deviation and correlation.
Investors are not able to invest directly in the indices referenced in this illustration and unmanaged index returns do not reflect any fees, expenses or sales charges. The referenced indices are shown for general market comparisons and are not meant to represent the Fund.
SEE PERFORMANCE AND EXPENSE DISCLOSURES BELOW.
Performance of a hypothetical $10,000 investment — Jun 2014 to Sep 2017
Managed Futures: Barclay BTOP50 Index®. The Barclay BTOP50 Index® does not encompass the whole universe of CTAs. The CTAs that comprise the index have submitted their information voluntarily. Investors cannot directly invest in an index and unmanaged index returns do not reflect any fees, expenses or sales charges.
SEE PEFORMANCE AND EXPENSE DISCLOSURES BELOW.
Sources: Gemini Fund Services, LLC, PerTrac Fund Solutions, LLC.
Equinox Investment Philosophy and Process
At Equinox Funds, we believe that alternative and traditional investment portfolios built around rigorous diversification and dynamic risk management can add long-term value to an investment strategy. With this philosophy in mind, the Equinox portfolio management team employs the following six-step investment process:
Throughout the process, our goal is to provide investors with high-quality alternative investment portfolios that — when added to an asset allocation strategy — can potentially reduce risk and enhance returns over time.
Portfolio Management Team
Dr. Ajay Dravid
Chief Investment Officer, Equinox Institutional Asset Management, LP
Managing Director of Portfolio Strategy, Equinox Fund Management, LLC
As Managing Director of Portfolio Strategy at Equinox Fund Management, Dr. Dravid is involved in day-to-day portfolio and risk management for all of Equinox Funds' offerings. In addition, Dr. Dravid is involved in the development and the structuring of new products... | MORE